Vibiemme DomoBar Super V3
Vibiemme has worked diligently with importers, distributors, and industry professionals in the past year to upgrade their Double Boiler line. We are proud to announce some of the improvements on the new, redesigned, 2011 version 3 of the Vibiemme Double Boiler, including these….
TOP FEATURES that brings the Vibiemme Domobar Super Double Boiler espresso machine to the TOP!
- Double boilers – the user can operate a coffee boiler and steam boiler independently of each other.
- PID (Proportional, Integral, Derivative) allows user to manage temperature control of the coffee boiler . If you are not sure what PID is, here is an overview.
- Small water reservoir at 1.2 liters allows approximetaly 20 double shots to be extracted without a refill – refill can occur on the fly while the machine is operating. For those who believe the small boiler makes better coffee because of fresh water displacement, we have a smaller reservoir for the same reason.
- OPV (over pressure valve) feeds excess water pressure to the drip tray and not the water reservoir – this will allow operation of the direct water connection with having the reservoir fill with overflow water, get moldy, and require constant emptying and cleaning.
- The drip tray can be drained manually or connected to a drain WITHOUT purchasing any optional kits (drain hose can be purchased at local hardward or plumber’s supply).
- Insulation on coffee and steam boilers helps save energy
- Commercial-grade motor and rotary vane pump with ability to make a direct water connection or use a water reservoir on the same machine with the movement of a lever under the machine. Includes stainless steel braided hose with 3/8″ male thread.
- User programmed offset – the temperature regulation is at the coffee boiler and the grouphead always has a lower temp. Thsi feature allows the user to program this delta in temperature.
In addition to achieving optimal temperature stability, one of Vibiemme’s main goals when redesigning their double boiler machine was to keep the amperage requirement below the 15 amp mark – not only making it easier to find a connection in any household without needing a dedicated 20 amp circuit, but also to keep energy comsumption at a minimum. Thanks to an innovative method of controlling the percentage of power to the heating elements,Vibiemme’s Power Management Control System (PMCS) automatically regulates variable power to each heating element.
Quality Characteristics and Specifications found Vibiemme Style
- Heavy duty true Vibiemme E61 grouphead maintains active flow of water from the grouphead to the heat exchanger in the boiler
- Professional grade brass portafilters – one portafilter with single spout and single filter basket and one portafilter with dual spout and double filter basket
- Coffee boiler capacity/material: 0.5 liter copper boiler
- Steam boiler capacity/material: 1.9 liter copper boiler
- Boiler pressure gauge to indicate steam boiler pressure. The setting can be varied by adjusting the pressurstat – please note the body panel has to be removed as there is a new international safety standard that Vibiemme has manufactured this machine under, and the standard requires that no access port be allowed for changing the pressurstat setting.
- Pump pressure gauge to indicate brew pressure during espresso extraction (reading will vary while not extracting)
- Multi-directional stainless steel steam wand on left side can be moved in different directions
- Multi-directional stainless steel hot water wand on right side can be moved in different directions
- Power indicator light on right side indicates when the machine is powered on
- Heating light on left side indicates when espresso machine is heating
- Low water level light in middle indicates when water level in water reservoir in rear is low
- Three stage power switch allows user to operate espresso machine with coffee boiler only, with steam boiler only, OR with both boilers simultaneously (awaiting confirmation once shipment arrives)
- Jaeger pressurstat monitors boiler pressure in steam boiler.
- Extremely large stainless steel drip tray which can be easily (slides out with pull of handle) removed for cleaning. Grate stays on machine when pulling out drip tray so that it is one step removal to empty.
- GICAR branded electronic water level control and reacts to a .02 of C of temperature change in the coffee boiler
- Rotary vane pump and commercial-grade motor is quieter than a vibration pump, but it is more expensive to replace. hence, descaling is important
- OPV (over pressure valve opens when too much pump pressure exists) located in rear of machine with easy access when body panel and six (6) associated screws and divider are removed. Although the pump has an adjustment screw for regulation, the OPV is an additional feature to manage overflow that may be caused by overpressure from the water company when the machine is plumbed in.
- Accessories: Single spout portafilter, single dose filter basket, double spout portafilter, double dose filter basket, blind filter basket for backflushing, plastic coffee scoop, and a common useless plastic tamper (please make sure to order a good tamper)
- One year parts warranty limited to manufacturer’s defect handled by importer’s service agent, and labor warranty handled by Highlander Coffee Pte Ltd
- Water reservoir capacity: 1.2 liters (approximate)
- Dimensions: 10.6″ W x 21.0″ D x 16.5″ H (approximate)
- Product Safety Listing: TBD
- Electrical: 220 volts only, 2500 watts, 11 amp maximum needed
- Shipping weight: ~32 kgs
- Recommended maintenance: Backflush with detergent once every fifty extractions
- Direct water connection requirement: connection must be made to a cold water supply line only.